Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pageant Double Header!




This weekend I had the honor of judging one pageant and emceeing another. The pageants were for local girls and boys to gain confidence and speaking skills onstage in a natural pageant. The two pageants were held in the same place, only a couple hours seperated them from one another. The first pageant was pageant Finals, this means that girls who had won in one of Princess Royal's (the name of the store that puts these pageants on) earlier pageants got to compete against the other girls who had won at earlier pageants. So, in a way, it is kind of like state.                     
The second pageant was titled Fairy Tale Princess Pageant. The girls in this pageant were new to pageants and would all get to compete in next year's finals. I got to ask them questions and watch them think on their feet, and read off their fact sheets. I had a great time telling the crowd about my platform, Make Your Mark: Teen Volunteerism. I also got to speak to them about the Miss America Organization and how local pageants, like this one, got me to where I am today.                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment