Thursday, September 6, 2012

Irishfest

Labor Day Weekend in KC means KC Irishfest.

My sister competed in the costume contest, so I was there to cheer her on. Barry Fitzgerald of the Sci-fi channel's Ghost Hunter International judged the event, then shared ghost stories on the children's stage. She was 2nd in the Irish/Birthday Party costume division. They also had a best potato costume.

Lots of volunteers are involved in this, so I hope I can volunteer next year in the children's area.

There was a princess show, so I had to sit in their carriage!

Add caption

Everyone needs a photo with the green fountains at Crown Center! And of course you should be wearing a crown.

My sister is in the nerds box, Barry is the gentleman in the kilt, center stage. The 15 month old in the kilt  being held just to the right of Barry, won  first, his grandma made the cutest kilt and little bagpipes, he was indeed ready for an Irish birthday jig!



No comments:

Post a Comment