Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Camper Scamper

My cousins from Minnesota and me before the run.
BJ and Gregg, after the run. They host the Kjo morning show and support Camp Quality with this run and a radioathon. Gregg also volunteers time coaching a local high school cross country team, hence the run!



my prize medal and tshirt, a welcome addition for my collection

photo by seekcrun.com

Over spring break I got to run a 5K for Camp Quality. Camp Quality is a non-profit camp that provides year round support for kids with cancer. Each June they host a camp for the kids; during the camp they get to participate in a ton of activities and get medical support. The run raised over 46 hundred dollars for the camp. I was so glad that I got to support the camp by running because I learned that the camp need over 1,500 dollars per child for the year round support that they give. 
The run was held the Saturday before Easter, and unfortunately, the weather wasn't wanting cooperate. I ran over three miles in the pouring rain, but ended up taking first in my 19 and under age group, and taking first in the women's division. 

Edit to add: Here is a story on Camp Quality from the News-Press, 

No comments:

Post a Comment