Monday, June 25, 2012

Volunteer at Squaw Creek







I went to the Environmental Education Expo over the weekend and talked to the folks representing Squaw Creek and Friends of Squaw Creek. They were looking for volunteers, so of course I signed up. They only ask that volunteers volunteer one day a year, and that doesn't mean a full day, so you don't get burned out. Lot's of things you can do, too. And any age is OK!

I told them I would put some info on my blog about it, hope you can go and volunteer some time. And if you have never been, it's a great place to see all kids of habitat. They have everything but a salt water habitat.

Here is the info on volunteering. We talked about how volunteering lets you explore lots of potential careers, and how much you can learn. You might be bird counting, tagging butterflies, building trails, or even handling other critters.

No comments:

Post a Comment